Developmental, Individual Differences, Relationship Based Model (DIR®/Floortime™)
This model was developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan and stands out as an excellent framework for understanding the socio-emotional development of each child.
The program truly empowers the parent, while validating and supporting the child’s social, emotional, and physical growth. Dr. Greenspan and Dr. Serena Wieder co-authored “The Child with Special Needs” and “Engaging Autism.” Dr. Greenspan is also the author of multiple other books and articles. The overriding, conceptual framework is a comprehensive, developmentally based model for assessment and intervention with children with special needs, rather than restricted approaches limited to selected surface behaviors and cognitive processes.
- Respects the child and values the child’s contributions
- Considers sensory challenges during sessions to improve length of engagement
- Establishes communicative intent as well as improves the use of language
- Is child led in terms of interests, goals are established by the team
- Parent is not the teacher, but play partner
- Loads of fun and enjoyment for the whole family
- Caregivers learn at our center and apply at home
- Distance support is also available through the use of reviewing video material from home, school or center.
Maude Le Roux, OTR/L is an expert training leader for ICDL and has trained internationally in this method since 2011.
Schedule a Free Phone Consultation
Click here to complete the intake form and receive a FREE Consultation call so an expert can give specific insight about your/your child’s situation.