Speech and Language Services
We believe that communication starts far earlier than the first spoken word and that in following a developmental approach with respect to underlying systems would be the most effective programming route to take.
- Communication is seen as a process
- Eclectic model including several different approaches, including the Prompt method and DIR
- The use of assistive technology as a communicative intent builder, while continuing to work on active speech skills
- High frequency treatment advocated for children struggling with apraxia
- The use of oral motor protocol to stimulate awareness and increased strength
- Empowering children to communicate successfully and confidently with their peers in natural environments.