The Development of Reading and Writing Skills
Occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, educators, researchers, neuropsychologists / educational psychologists, medical practitioners, social workers.
- To provide an overview of the 7 building blocks of reading and writing.
- To review neuro-anatomy related to reading and writing.
- To identify different assessments that may be helpful to assess reading and writing more fully.
- To review a computerized version of a reading program that will improve reading decoding and comprehension.
- To provide 5 different program ideas in developing writing.
- To present case studies for demonstration of techniques and outcomes.